Please contact Deep Creek Center for information on scheduling a course.
COBIT 5.0 Foundation
There are no upcoming events at this time.
|Course Length||3 days|
|Credits Earned||18 PDU credits|
This three day, APMG Accredited course looks at the drivers for this latest version of COBIT, the five basic principles on which COBIT 5 is founded and the enablers for governance and management of enterprise IT which support the integration between the goals, objectives, controls and processes of the business and IT. The course includes an introduction to COBIT 5 implementation and the concepts relating to the Process Assessment Model.
What You Will Accomplish
Who Should Attend
The course is suitable for business managers, chief executives, IT/IS auditors, internal auditors, information security and IT practitioners, consultants and IT/IS managers requiring an insight into the enterprise governance of IT and who may also be requiring certification as a COBIT 5 implementer or assessor.
Introduction Overview and key features of COBIT 5
- The drivers for the development of COBIT 5
- The business needs of the enterprise and the benefits provided by COBIT 5.
- Introduction to the framework principles, enablers and the process reference model
- Principle 1 – Meeting stakeholder needs
- Principle 2 – Covering the enterprise end-to-end
- Principle 3 – Applying a single integrated framework
- Principle 4 – Enabling a holistic approach
- Principle 5 – Separating governance from management.
The COBIT 5 Enablers
- Enabler 1 – Principles, policies and frameworks
- Enabler 2 – Processes
- Enabler 3 – Organizational structures
- Enabler 4 – Culture, ethics and behavior
- Enabler 5 – Information
- Enabler 6 – Services, infrastructure and applications
- Enabler 7 – People, skills and competencies.
- The lifecycle model
- Internal and external factors that influence change
- Typical pain points and trigger events that drive change
- The importance and good practice of the business case.
The Process Capability Model (The Process Assessment Model)
- Introduction to the Process Capability Model based on ISO 15504
- The concepts and scope of Process Capability Assessment using the COBIT 5 Process Assessment Model
- Sample paper and review
- Exam preparation
- The APMG COBIT 5 Foundation examination.