This three-day hands-on program leads to a Certificate in ITIL Service Lifecycle Management – Service Operation. This program provides detailed information on the processes, functions, tools, roles, and implementation support needed to deliver and sustain quality IT Services in the live production environment.
Who Should Attend?
This program is for IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an IT environment requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities associated with the Service Operation domain of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle. These include:
- Service Desk personnel and Management
- Technical Support personnel and Management
- Data Center Operations personnel and Management
- Security Operations personnel and Management
- Application Support Personnel and Management
- Project and Program Managers looking to better integrate Operational Readiness
Upon successful completion of the education and examination, students can expect to gain competencies in the following IT Service Operation areas:
- Introduction to Service Operation
- Service Operations Principles
- Value to the Business
- Achieving Balance in Service Operations
- Operational Health
- Service Operation Processes
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Access Management
- Common Service Operation Activities
- Monitoring and Control
- Directory Services
- Facilities and Datacenter
- Organizing Service Operation: Functions
- Service Desk
- Technical Management
- Applications Management
- IT Operations Management
- Organizational Structures
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Technology Considerations
- Implementation Considerations
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management along with IT or ITSM operational experience.
An optional eight-question, ninety-minute, closed book, multiple choice, multi-part, scenario based examination is administered by an independent proctor at the end of the course. Certification is through ACQUIROS. Candidates must have attended an accredited training course (instructor led or online) to sit for the exam. Each student will be awarded three credits towards ITIL Expert® certification upon successful completion of the exam.
Each student will receive a workbook. Other ITSM-related study material and books are available for purchase prior to, or during, the class.
3 ITIL Expert Credits
22 PDU Credits
Patrick von Schlag
Mr. von Schlag has more than 25 years of real-world experience managing IT and business organizations. He has served as a consultant, facilitator, and instructor in support of more than 200 ITSM program deployments, with a focus on practical benefits. He holds all 11 ITIL 2011 certifications and runs an accredited learning consultancy focused on Making ITIL Work ™ in real organizations. His customer list includes The Walt Disney Company, Microsoft, Nike, Sears, US Marine Corps, US Army, US Air Force, 2nd and 5th Fleet US Navy, DISA, IRS, Federal Reserve, The Hartford, Citigroup, Amgen, Los Angeles County, Port of Long Beach, GDIT, Accenture, Serco, Deloitte, and hundreds of other market-leading companies.